There are a lot of different approaches to healing tattoos
Ultimately, keep it clean & moisturized
Please stop in or call if you have any questions about your tattoo
Always notify your artist if you have any allergies
A Method of Healing that works for us:
- Remove bandage with clean hands in approximately one hour.
- Wash tattoo well with unscented soap & lukewarm water. Rinse with cold water.
- Air dry for 10-15 minutes or gently pat dry with paper towel. No wiping.
- Apply a small amount of fragrance free lotion (or Wild Rose) to your tattoo until absorbed into the tattoo.
- Tattoo may flake/peel like sunburn: DO NOT PICK OR SCRATCH TATTOO. Stay hydrated/rested.
- Carefully apply fragrance free lotion (or Wild Rose) a few times a day or as needed for remainder of tattoo healing process.
- DO NOT soak tattoo in shower, tub, ocean/pool or expose to direct sun/tanning beds for 2-3 weeks.
- After tattoo has fully healed, apply a high SPF to avoid sun damage.
- If swelling and redness persist please see a physician and please notify your artist.
We sell an all natural/organic Ink Balm from Wild Rose Herbs at the shop that can be used for healing as well. We all have had great results using it ourselves.
P.S. Please use products that you are most comfortable with in the healing stages as directed by your artist. Any petroleum-based products may lengthen the healing process and has been the culprit in color loss/abnormal irritation for some. (Water quality can effect successful healing too.) Air cannot sufficiently get to the tattoo with petroleum however, when using fragrance free lotions, balms or organic products keep in mind that the tattoo will require more lotion application throughout the day from faster and much needed absorption. Please keep in touch with your artist about your healing tattoo and let us know if you have any questions at all.
The first touch-up is on us as long as the artist who did the tattoo still works here – please call for more details and/or check out the FAQ page.
Please call us with any questions or feel free to stop in after it has healed.
Call (508) 339-2001 if you have any other questions.
~ Art and Soul Appreciates Your Business ~ Thank you for supporting your local Artists ~